Group Manager Outreach & Engagement Poutakinga Rōpū Torohanga-a-Tūhonohono
Fixed term – 24 months
The primary focus for the Group Manager Outreach & Engagement Poutakinga Rōpū Torohanga-a-Tūhonohono is on Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision’s external presence and ensuring New Zealanders’ increased engagement with the wider collection. This position is responsible for the development of audience strategy, venue programming and management, curation of outreach activity and overall leadership of the group. The Group Manager Outreach & Engagement Poutakinga Rōpū Torohanga-a-Tūhonohono will also build and maintain key external relationships (such as galleries, cinemas, library and marae) through curation, education programmes, and fundraising.Group Manager Outreach & Engagement Poutakinga Rōpū Torohanga-a-Tūhonohono will directly contribute to the following strategic outcomes through both people and strategic leadership:
- Recognised and established public identity
- Highly connected to diverse communities
- Strong collaborative partnerships with other heritage and cultural archives and institutions
- Nationwide access and engagement
- Valuable and active contribution to education
- Genuine and effective partnerships with iwi and Māori
- achieve their personal career and development goals,
- be high performing in their position; and
- ensure that the goals and strategic objectives of the business are being achieved.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Management, Marketing or archival discipline
- Experience in a senior leadership role
- Minimum 7 years people management experience
- Proven experience in strategy development and implementation
- Knowledge of archival principals and practice
- A high level of personal motivation, initiative and adaptability
- The ability to think innovatively, independently and as part of a team
What is in it for you?
- Working with people who are passionate about what they do and are eager to share their passion and knowledge with others
- Great opportunities for professional development
- Exciting projects to get involved in
- An environment that encourages creativity and innovation
Please visit our website on www.ngataonga.org.nz to download a position description and an application form. Send your application with your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or a confidential conversation about this position please contact Charlotte McInnes on 04 896 4863 or Rebecca Elvy on 04 896 4801.