Manager Business Support
H2R are exclusively recruiting the integral position of Manager Business Support, for the Wellington based audiovisual archive of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision is a Charitable Trust, committed to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi. The Archive collects, preserves, cares for and shares taonga that brings our nation’s history and heritage to life. The collection spans 120 years and encompasses films, radio, television, sound recordings and documents including the RNZ and TVNZ archives.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join Ngā Taonga as it is currently undertaking some significant multi-agency projects. This position, being responsible for the overall, seem-less running of organisations Operations, including the Board and Committee meetings, will be key to assisting the Archives successfully deliver on these projects.
The purpose of the Manager Business Support – Poutaki Taituarā is to manage the Business Support Team (3), to provide exceptional secretariat services and governance support to the Board of Trustees and to provide exceptional business support to the Leadership Team, including the Chief Executive.
This role manages the function that is responsible for finance and payroll processing, HR co-ordination, general administration services, policy frameworks and information management. This role is also the main liaison with the Crown Monitor, our Ministry, ensuring all reporting and compliance requirements are met in a timely manner.
The role includes (but is not limited to) the following duties/tasks:
- Work collaboratively to contribute to relevant strategies, policies and Organisational Performance.
- Champion organisation vision and values with external partners and stakeholders.
- Develop and lead collaborative projects as required.
- Manage the team’s resources, reporting and compliance.
- Contribute to setting and monitoring of budgets.
EA / Secretariat (Duties)
- Coordinate the Board and Committee meeting agendas and papers.
- Prepare and proofread Board & Committee minutes and reports.
- Attend other meetings as requested by the CE.
- Ensure action points from meetings are recorded and followed up.
Team Management (Duties)
- Establish team and individual goals and objectives annually, with regular review.
- Ensure expectations and accountabilities of all team members are clear and documentation is up to date and consistent with expectations.
- Monitor on a regular basis the work programmes of team members, ensuring systems are in place for regular reporting.
- Ensure team functions are kaupapa-centred, effective and high performing.
This position would be ideal for an extremely capable EA with leadership experience. It is an exciting two part position, where you will be both leading and managing a team of three, plus the EA and Secretariat duties and tasks. Hence it is essential you have these tools / skills in your tool kit.
If this position and organisation sounds exciting, please reach out to Mike Healy ASAP on 021 337 598 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively Apply now.
Applications close on Thursday 3 December 2020 at 5pm