Manager Collections Accessible Collections – Poutaki Taonga Te Wāhanga Takatū
He mea whai take te pūranga taonga nā te whai take hoki nō ngā mea tuku iho. Kei ngā pūranga e puritia ana ā tātou kōrero, e toka ai ngā mea i pā ki a tātou, kō wai rā tātou, ko wai tātou ināianei. He whakarangatira tāna i tō tātou mana ā-iwi me tō tātou aro hoki ki ngā tikanga a iwi kē.
Archives matter because history matters. Archives hold our stories, give us evidence about what has happened, who we were and who we are. They enrich our sense of identity and our understanding of our cultures.
Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision is New Zealand’s audiovisual archive. We save and cherish the stories, creativity and history of Aotearoa New Zealand in sound and moving images.
We are looking for 12 month secondment cover for a Manager Collections Accessible Collections – Poutaki Taonga Te Wāhanga Takatū.
The Manager Collections is responsible for leading a team of six Collection Archivists to achieve their strategic objectives and priorities, through the development and implementation of workplans aligned with all relevant Ngā Taonga strategies and outcomes, and the need to increase digital capability across the Archive. This role leads the team to ensure they effectively deliver prioritised project-based selection, acquisition, accessioning, arrangement, description, cataloguing, and rights clearance tasks in line with archival policies and standards across all Ngā Taonga collections.
Ngā Taonga is a kaupapa-centred organisation and it is important that the Manager Collections shares our values.
What we are looking for?
- A confident manager who can lead a team of six Collections Archivists
- A demonstrated strong affinity for heritage collection, archiving ethos, practice and standards
- Subject-matter expertise in rights management
- Adept at planning and thought leadership, project, workflow and outputs management
- A commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and supportive of both Māori and Pakehā perspectives, language and aspirations.
- Effective relationship management
What is in it for you?
- An environment that cares deeply about saving and sharing New Zealand’s audiovisual heritage
- Working with people who are passionate about what they do and are eager to share their passion and knowledge with others
For further information or a confidential conversation about this position please contact Sarah Davy, Group Manager Accessible Collections – Pou Takatū via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.