It has been cat, dog, calf and magpie madness at the Film Archive, Wellington, since we opened our new PET exhibition!
Here are a few more favourite pet memories from Film Archive staff (see more staff pet stories here).
This is Jane, Outreach Screenings Manger, with one of her pet pigeons.
Listen to her story about the clever pigeons:
Film Conservator Reiner’s dog Sky is a beloved member of his family. Pictured above is Sky with Andy and Mei.
This is Film Archive Cataloguer/Researcher James’ happy cat, Rupert.
Send in a favourite pet photo of your own, for the chance to win prizes! Prizes include our beautiful book New Zealand Film: An Illustrated History and adorable plush animal toys.
The My Favourite Pet photo competition runs in conjunction with our new PET exhibition, which is on in Wellington at the moment. It’s a moving image exhibition curated 2014 Film Archive Curator-at-Large Gareth Watkins, which draws on the Archive’s large home movie collection to create a homage to the family pet. Admission is free and the exhibition runs until April 12. Read more about PET here.
To enter the competition, post a digital photograph of your favourite pet on the Film Archive’s Facebook or Twitter page, or email your photo to email@example.com. Remember to give your name and the name of your pet along with the photo.
Photos can be recent or retro, and prizes will be awarded for:
- Most photogenic pet.
- Best retro shot.
- Best contemporary.
All pet photos submitted will be published here on Gauge, the Film Archive blog – your pet will be famous!
Entries close 12 April 2014. The winners will be contacted and announced on the Film Archive blog and social media the following week.
My Favourite Pet Conditions of Entry:
- The My Favourite Pet photo competition is open to New Zealand residents only.
- By entering this competition you grant the Film Archive permission to publish your photograph online on Gauge, the Film Archive blog.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of three separate entries.
- Entries will not be accepted after midnight 12 April 2014.
- Prizes are not negotiable, the judges’ decisions are final.
- The Film Archive reserves the right to disqualify any entries which are fraudulent, objectionable or potentially offensive, and remove images of this nature from our social media.