While the 80s brought us many things we’d rather forget – bad perms, stonewash and shoulder pads – it’s also left us with a legacy of terrific family films. We’re screening a series of fantastically fun 1980s films in Wellington June 13 – July 18, in partnership with the Square Eyes Film Foundation and with support from Wellington City Council Creative Communities. See the programme here.
We’re also running a Back to the 80s photo competition. Send us photos of your best 1980s outfits (either vintage 80s photos or 80s outfits recreated today) to be in to win prizes, including a Season’s Pass to all screenings in the Back to the 80s series and classic pick n’ mix lolly packs.
To enter the competition, email a digital copy of your 1980s photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post it on the Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision’s Facebook or Twitter pages, or post it on Instagram and tag @ngataongasv
All photos submitted will be published here on the Gauge blog.
Entries close 2pm, Friday 12 June 2015.
Please see the competition Conditions of Entry at the bottom of this page.
To give you some inspiration, here are some photos of Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision staff in our most fabulous 80s outfits!
Some of us are too embarassed to be identified for our crimes against fashion – I wonder if you can guess who’s who?
Back to the 80s Photo Competition Conditions of Entry:
- The Back to the 80s photo competition is open to New Zealand residents only.
- By entering this competition you grant Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision permission to publish your photograph online on the Gauge blog.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of three separate entries.
- Entries will not be accepted after 2pm, Friday 12 June 2015.
- Prizes are not negotiable, the judges’ decisions are final.
- Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision reserves the right to disqualify any entries which are fraudulent, objectionable or potentially offensive, and remove images of this nature from our social media.