Te Puna Wai Kōrero
Loading the player...
In this edition of Te Puna Wai Kōrero, Haare Williams presents "Voices from "Gisborne". Included are:
- A performance from Waikohu College Māori Group.
- Lewis Moeau speaks about the new Māori news programme being broadcast from the local radio station, Radio Gisborne.
- John McLean speaks about reaction to the programme.
- Broadcaster Leo Fowler recalls radio broadcasting in Gisborne.
- Rongowhakaata Halbert speaks about the historical meeting house at Whakato Marae.
- Hetekia te Kani te Ua
- Waioeka Brown, and a poem read by Hone Tuwhare [NB. poem reading removed from the online catalogue recording due to copyright restrictions].
Reference number 42115
Media type AUDIO
Collection Sound Collection
Māori radio programs
Ethnic radio programs
Williams, Haare, 1940-, Presenter
Moeau, Lewis, Speaker/Kaikōrero
Date 24 Apr 1975