PERSONAL RECORD. TOMKINSON, GB. THE BUILDING AND OFFICIAL OPENING OF ST. PETER’S SCHOOL, CAMBRIDGE
Loading the player...
This film is a very detailed record of the construction of St Peter’s School, Cambridge, in the Waikato district.
Intertitles describes the progress of the construction of this large complex.
Foundations were started in May 1935, the first students arrived on 11th February 1936 and the Official Opening was performed by the Rt. Hon. Peter Fraser, Minister of Education, on the 22nd February 1936.
800 families, friends and guests attended the Official Opening, which were held on the lawns of the school.
“The joint headmasters were Mr AFB Broadhurst, M.A (Oxon), and Rev JM Beaufort, M.A. (Dublin) Dedication of the chapel was carried out by the Rev. Archbishop and Primate of New Zealand. Architect: RA Lippincott. Among the visitors are Rt Hon Gordon Coates and Hon Peter Fraser.” - NFL Files
Reference number F23249
Collection Film and Video Collection
Media type Moving Image
Place of Production NEW ZEALAND/AOTEAROA
Photography: G B Tomkinson
Sequence: G B Tomkinson