A compilation of five audio cuts:
1. Hungarian dancers escape the West and join the New Zealand Ballet Company. Recorded in 1961.
2. Moni Taumanu of the East Coast tells of Māori methods of catching and cooking eels, then sings a Māori chant for eeling. Recorded in May 1961.
3. Miss Chrissie Irving of Fairlie tells of early climbs on Mount Cook. She was the first woman to climb Mount Tasman, in 1929. Recorded in 1961.
4. Radio commentator Bob Irvine describes the Kariba Dam in Rhodesia, whilst travelling with the All Blacks in 1960.
5. The opening of the Memorial Library, including a speech by the Minister of Internal Affairs, Leon Gotz, and the Mayor, Peter Tait. Recorded 26 June 1961.