- Media type
Item unavailable online
Ask to use material, get more information or tell us about an item
News in Māori with Rewa Hudson:
- kaikōrero: excerpts from Minister of Māori Affairs re Fisheries.
- kaikōrero: Dan Heremanarua re Vietnam issues
- kaikōrero: Pita Paraone on immigration
- kaikōrero: Kura Moeahu re Te Awanui-a-rangi on education.
HAKINAKINA: Hockey / Basketball
PIRIWIRITUA - Ruia Aperahama, mihimihi / update
MATARIKI : Matariki begins and ends the Māori Calender, a time for growth,
feasting and celebration. (maoka = cooking).
- waiata: E karanga ki te motu
- waiata: Ka noho mai tetahi wahine
Ruia Aperahama me nga kōrero porangapu, Labour issues, have held and completed
meetings with rohe, re land, fishers, Māori TV, treaty issues, education and housing
- waiata: Tena koe, haera mai ki te rarangi
PITO panui : Papakura urban authority hui at the Hawlins Centre ,speakers are Pita
Paraone, Pita Sharples, Dr. Nicky Turner, Sue Cringle, Prof Norman Sharp, and David
- Ngāti Kahu hui to be held at Otahuhu.
- Sam Rerekura / Ngāti Kahu wananga at Great barrier Island.
- Hui Toopu Marae at Turangawaewae.
- Red Cross Collection gather at Ellerslie Race course.
- waiata: I te tau a mua / Puanaki whanau
- waiata: Ma te reo, ma te kōrero
- waiata: Ka hoki nei au, ki te timatanga o te ao.
commercials with Bernie O"Connell
MATARIKI: Ka kitea a matariki if matarikiis clear, it is a good year for harvesting
food is plentiful, and birds are in great abundance and fat. Maoka=cooking food
in its own juice, such as pigeon.
Ruia speaking about Meningitus.
- waiata: Tokotoko tau kotahi te turanga / na Turaukawa...prog ends.