Loading the player...
A compilation of seven audio cuts.
1. Viscount Cobham speaking at Waitangi, February 6, 1962.
2. A description of the Haast road and township and an interview with the transport project manager, Bill Walker, in November 1961. Includes several other unknown speakers.
3. Mrs. Ethel Blick unveils the centennial plaque marking the terminus of Dun Mountain Railway, Nelson, where horses pulled trucks. Includes a description of the plaque. Recorded February 3, 1962.
4. President Franklin Roosevelt declares the United States is at war with Japan, in his speech to Congress, December 8, 1941, the day after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour.
5. Pearl Harbour recollection by a U.S. serviceman, Lt. Wallace of the U.S. Air Force who was at Hickham Field air force base, next to Pearl Harbour when the attack happened.
6. The enthronement ceremony of Henry Wolfe Baines, the 7th Bishop of Wellington on September 21, 1960.
7. Arthur Michael Ramsey, the Archbishop of Canterbury, speaks about faith at a conference held in New Delhi on October 31, 1961.
Reference number 151134
Media type AUDIO
Collection Sound Collection
Nonfiction radio programs
New Zealand Broadcasting Service (estab. 1946, closed 1962)
Cobham, Charles John Lyttelton, Viscount, 1909-1977
Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
Baines, Henry Wolfe (b.1905, d.1972)
Ramsey, Michael, 1904-1988