Te puna wai kōrero 1982
Loading the player...
It is envisaged that the Te Kohanga Reo programme will operate using the same basic principles for childcare and growth at present adopted by the best pre-school and kindergarten associations. The difference will be the use of te Reo Māori language as the only means of communication in the centre.
- Waiata: "E nga Iwi, nga reo me nga hapu"
Te Kohanga Reo is a concept being developed by the Department of Māori Affairs with pilot centres already established where the only language spoken is Māori.
- Hana Cotter (Ngāti Kahungunu)
- Apirana Mahuika (Ngāti Porou)
- Dr. Ranginui Walker (Whakatohea)
- Katerina Mataira (Ngāti Porou)
- Sir James Hēnare (Ngāti Hine)
Waiata: "Puritia to reo kia mau"
Reference number 45605
Media type AUDIO
Collection Sound Collection
te Ua, Henare, 1933-2007
Mahuika, A. T. (Apirana Tuahae)
Walker, Ranginui, 1932-2016
Mataira, Kāterina, 1932-2011
Henare, James Clendon Tau (b.1911, d.1989)
Date 31 Jul 1982