Find out more about this item:
Piriwiritua. News in Māori with Rewa Hudson.
2pm to 3pm
- Ngāti Wai supports DNA
- Vapi Kupenga on Ngāti Porou concerns.
- Te Aupouri claims talk with Mark Burton / Treaty Settlements.
- Saana Murray on Muriwhenua claims.
Māori Catholics support the new Pope.
HAKINAKINA....tennis / Rugby.
PIRIWIRITUA with Ruia...mihimihi........
- waiata: Pai mai to reo.....Tiwana Rangihuna
- waiata: Niniwa/ Hinewehi Mohi.
commercials Whakaata Māori.
- Ruia....Panui re Te Whetumarama..1826 Ratana travels to Nga Tau e Waru...
..Ngāti Kahungunu where a memorable stone was erected for Paora Potangaroa.
Ruia goes onto explain the reason why. Paora was a "matekite" and had great
Some of the people who expressed hospitality to Ratana were Himene Winitana,
Hoani Haiata, Hori Whatahora, Taka Tumoana Potangaroa, Wikitoria Te Maari,
and others.He met many people on his travels and was asked not to go to
Wairarapa by the police, he went, where he was received very well, and much
kōrero took place relating to some history.
PANUI a Rohe: Hui Toopu for all Marae in the Tainui area.
- TM production studio seeking rangatahi for some progrqmmes.
- Ngāti Kahu ki Whaingaroa taura hui / Whare Waatea Marae.
- waiata: Keelan Ransfield / Te Kotuku Rerengatahi.
- Ruia speaks about the return of... "te taua Māori " from over seas as stated in
the... " Te Kopara"... newspaper 1919.
- waiata: He wahine purotu / Pounamu.
- undentified speaker explains 'matariki".
- waiata: Hoea te waka ki uta ra.....
- waiata; Te Awatea / Pemia Wehi, Pounamu
Reference number 51482
Media type AUDIO
Collection Sound Collection
Ngā Taonga Korero Collection
Waatea 603 AM (Radio station : Mangere, N.Z.)
Date 21 Apr 2005