Katherine Mansfield Reading Room
If a collection item is not immediately available online or on the Ngā Taonga desk computers in the main Reading Room in the National Library, researchers can speak with a member of our research team, via the Ngā Taonga internal phone (located on the Ngā Taonga desk) or our contact us page.
Where materials can be provided for viewing, Ngā Taonga will arrange an appointment for a viewing in the Katherine Mansfield Reading Room (between 10.00am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday).
The Katherine Mansfield Room is located on Level One of the National Library building at 70 Molesworth Street, Thorndon, Wellington 6011.
Since this is a supervised space provided by the National Library the following housekeeping rules must be observed:
- Access to the Katherine Mansfield Reading Room will be by appointment only.
- The Katherine Mansfield Reading Room is open Monday–Friday, 10am–5.00pm.
- Clients must leave bags, coats and other bulky belongings in the lockers provided.
- Food, drink and pens are not allowed in the Katherine Mansfield Reading Room.
- Lending or borrowing of our items in our collection is not possible.
- The Katherine Mansfield Reading Room is a clean, quiet space used for research. Disturbances must be kept to a minimum at all times, this includes phone calls, discussions and conversations and movements in the Reading Room.
- Clients must treat our materials and media systems with care and respect.